It’s been said, that knitting has many health benefits. Really?!
Yep, it does. I want to cover 5 reasons people knit or crochet…
- Knitting can be used as a form of therapy. If you have ever gone through depression, you know that doing something outside the box can help. Knitting or crochet can motivate you to connect with the world outside your four walls. It builds confidence and self esteem. Depression is real. Just setting aside 1o minutes a day to relax and knit/crochet, you will feel like a new person. Here’s an article for you to read.
- Knitting/Crochet is extremely relaxing; a great stress reliever, anxiety reducer. There’s been much study done on muscular relaxation and how it has a direct correlation to a relaxation response. It can decrease heart rate, muscular tension and blood pressure. It’s a Zen-like activity. Ask me how I know! I’ve found that knitting has improved my overall health. Here’s an interesting article on just this topic.
- Knitting/Crochet connects people through belonging to groups with like-minded individuals. Here’s a link to a great article on the Lion Brand Website.
- Knitting/Crochet can help reduce the risk of dementia/Alzheimers. Yet, another article for you to read.
- Knitting/Crochet just plain makes people happy. If you knit or crochet, you know exactly what I’m talking about. My husband will be the first to say, Deb, go knit. It’s where your happy place is. And, OH! How true that is.
I recommend you sit back and take a look at this amazing craft. Not only will you have fun, but you will knit/crochet yourself into a healthier, happier life. Knitting IS the new Yoga.
As I always say,